Friday, June 20, 2008

Twins vs Diamondbacks – Tonight!

All week long, I’ve been feeling down since the weather has (finally) turned to summer here in Minneapolis and I’ve been stuck behind my desk. Luckily for me, however, my boss just hooked me up with four free tickets to see the Twins play the Arizona Diamondbacks at the Metrodome tonight. That cheered me right up. The icing on the cake happened when I found out that these free tickets are 6 rows behind home plate!! So, I get busy checking out the Twins website, and I find out that Randy Johnson is the starting pitcher for the Diamondbacks. It’s so nice when good things happen for no reason. I can stop feeling so blue about being inside when it’s 85 degrees and beautiful because my alternative is sitting behind home plate and watching the Minnesota Twins take on a veteran pitcher like the legendary Randy Johnson in an air-conditioned ballpark. Maybe I can make a great sign and get Bert Blyleven to circle me on the air. So, if you’re watching the game tonight, look for the happiest girl in her Justin Morneau jersey behind home plate; I’ll wave to you!

No comments: