Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Juan Rincon goes to Cleveland Indians

I don’t think I have mentioned this yet so I thought I would just put a blurb out here about the circumstances of pitcher Juan Rincon. The Minnesota Twins designated Rincon for AAA on June 12th, Rincon turned down the Minnesota Twins assignment to pitch for AAA (giving the Twins 10 days to trade or release him), he became a free agent (he had zero trade value). It was reported today that Juan Rincon signed a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians. There will be no love lost from this Minnesota Twins fan. The fact is that without his steroids, Juan Rincon’s slider just didn’t snap like it used to. I am against using steroids in sports and I felt betrayed when Rincon was suspended in 2005 for testing positive, but I felt even worse when I realized he couldn’t pitch without the drugs.

No comments: