Thursday, June 18, 2009

Francisco Liriano Disappoints…Again

Twins pitcher Francisco Liriano disappointed this Minnesota Twins Fan...AGAIN. Liriano is just not the super star starter he once was and the Twins Pitching Coached better realize that and make some changes. Liriano's ERA by inning: first, 0.00; second, 3.21; third, 7.71; fourth, 12.21. – what? 12.21 in only the fourth inning pitched? That’s nuts. Management needs to recognize that Liriano is now just a two inning pitcher and get him out of the Twins starting lineup.

"I'm real frustrated because every time I miss one pitch, it just changes the whole game," Liriano said. "I don't know what to do anymore. I think I've got to go out there and just pitch. That's all I can do."

Duh. Your job is to pitch, just do it, but do it well. Francisco Liriano needs to learn how to sustain his power – I think Ron Gardenhire and the pitching coaches are looking at as that Liriano makes one mistake and that shakes him, but I think it’s more like the one mistake mark is that Liriano can’t sustain his pitching power and then it just steadily falls after that.

Come on Twins – get it together! The AL Central is still wide open.

No comments: