Thursday, February 05, 2009

Minnesota Twins News

Things are rather quiet in the Minnesota Twins News department….at least for the average fan. I am sure if you are one of those super Twins bloggers, you have scouting reports and salary updates and free agent signing rumors, but not me. I got nothing.

EXCEPT, I was at Menards yesterday and they are giving away a Twins Spring Training trip! Airfare, Hotel and game tickets – hooah! I was pumped, it is my DREAM to go to Spring Training. The game tickets are for the Baltimore Orioles and Toronto Blue Jays games. It would be waaaaay more exciting if the tickets were for the NY Yankees or Boston Red Sox games, but hey – a trip to Florida in March? I am not complaining. I hope I win!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are the Yankees and Red Sox so much more interesting? It's spring training...nobody important will play very much. And I'd rather have the possibility of seeing the Orioles' Koji Uehara than anything.

The Phillies, Rays and Mets all play in Florida, too. All more exciting teams than the aforementioned.

KC said...

My only chance for a Derek Jeter autograph would be at Yankees spring training game. I think that is more exciting than any Orioles player, but perhaps I am more star struck than you anonymous. I would also LOVE to see Johnny Damon.

As far as the Red Sox go – Ortiz, Ramirez, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Papelbon – how can you not consider that exciting? Even if they don’t play much, it’s just seeing them up close that would be really cool.