Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twins fired up for FINAL season at Metrodome

It’s not even 2009 yet and the Minnesota Twins are already getting fired up for their final season at the Metrodome Minneapolis.

#1 The Twins website has a Dome patterned background. I believe it is the upcoming seasons logo.

#2 On Monday, the Twins unveiled a really cool throwback uniform that they will wear on Saturday home games in 2009. I love the Minnesota script on the uniform…It has been my logo for over a year on this Minnesota Twins blog. The Twins throwback uniforms are similar to the ones the Twins wore during the inaugural season of the Metrodome in 1982. I will 100% make it to at least one Saturday game to see the Twins live in these uniforms next year. The only bad thing, there will be NO names on the back of these throwback jerseys so I will have to study my player numbers closely or, more likely, purchase a Twins program at the game.


"I'm a big throwback, vintage kind of guy," my boy Justin Morneau said. "I like most of the old uniforms, and these are pretty sweet."


#3 The Minnesota Twins will let the fans vote on an All-Metrodome team, I will be voting for Kent Hrbek, Kirby Puckett and Frank Viola for sure.

It’s hard to believe that the Minnesota Twins will be leaving the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome. They have played there for 27 years and when I think Minnesota baseball, I think Metrodome. It’s bittersweet for this baseball fan.

3 comments:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

Ahhh but the new stadium is SO fabulous! I have my "countdown to opening day" clock that the Minnesota Twins sent out to season ticket holders sitting on my desk right now...

T-minus:

489 days and 57 seconds til opening day!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that they're not going to be playing at the Dome, there are so many memories of going to games there with my parents, and now bringing my own kids! Ahhh, I guess the new stadium will just bring new memories :)

Anonymous said...

Twins tickets are already on sale for the *LAST* season at the Metrodome through Ticket King! They make great holiday gifts, too!