Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pat Neshek Update

I am sure every Twins fan has already heard this story, but I want to share any way. I heard on the news the last two nights (yes, two) that Twins pitcher Pat Neshek will be out the entire next season as well.

Remember when he got hurt last May with a torn ligament? Well, apparently it was only partially torn and every one recommended that he rehab as opposed to surgery. Well, the rehab plan didn’t work out so well because he completely tore the ligament while working out last week in Florida. That means Pat Neshek is now FORCED to have Tommy John ligament-replacement surgery. He will be out another 12 plus months and he may never be the same.

I am totally bummed about this. I love the Pat Neshek story. His local Minnesota roots, his crazy side arm delivery, his dedication to other baseball fans AND he even personally emailed me once - before he got big – I emailed him about his site and he emailed back! Shortly after that, the Twins pulled him off the farm team and he took off in the majors. I like to tell my friends that I had something to do with it, ha ha. Well, I am going to keep Pat Neshek in my prayers and hope that every thing works out. Take Care, Pat!

1 comment:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

AWWWW...Tommy-John surgery sucks. My cousin had to have that his soph. year in college, and it basically killed his ability to pitch. Good luck to Pat!