Friday, January 16, 2009

Bert Blyleven not in the Hall of Fame

I know this is older news, but I just wanted to comment quickly on the fact that former Twins pitcher Bert Blyleven was AGAIN denied enshrinement in the Baseball Hall of Fame. It was his 12th consecutive try (you only get 15). He did receive 62.7 percent of the vote (you need 75 percent to get in) which is up a teeny tiny bit from last years 62 percent which was up hugely over 2007’s 47.7 percent.

What I think is weird or funny – It’s not like Bert Blyleven’s accomplishments change – he hasn’t thrown a strike since 1988 – why do some voters choose to vote for him now and not 10 years ago? Maybe next year, Bert?

2 comments:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

That's too bad. I hope he gets it next year!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really thought he would get in this year.