Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Minnesota Twins beat Cleveland Indians at the Dome

Well, for the most part they did. The Twins beat the Cleveland Indians Friday 4-1 and Sunday 6-2, but lost on Saturday night 1-5, winning the series 2 games to 1. It’s time to dig up those random facts I love to share with my Minnesota Twin blog readers regarding this Twins Indians series at the Metrodome. Here they are in no particular order:

...Nick Blackburn improved his record to 3-0 vs. the Indians after Friday nights 4-1 victory. He is on fire at home with a 6-2 record and a 2.54 ERA in 10 starts.

...Randy Ruiz made his Major League debut in Friday’s game, going 1-for-3 with a run scored as the designated hitter – welcome to the big leagues Ruiz!

...Metrodome attendance for Satruday nights loss was 40,000+ - that is a lot of disappointed fans, more than the usual 25,000 in attendance on a week night game.

...Sunday was the twelfth consecutive crowd of 30,000 or more at the HHH Metrodome, the longest streak since 1992 – who says we are in a recession?!

...The Twins are bunting Gods and lead the majors in bunts this season – is there a special bunting coach? It’s not really hitting, is it? I think it’s cool to bunt, but cooler to homer!

...Juan Rincon made his first appearance at the Metrodome not wearing a Twins jersey – worked well for the Twins since he gave up a homerun!

...Francisco Liriano pitched well on Sunday. I think he wants to make it onto my top pitchers list this month.


The Twins are currently playing in Seattle - I hate the west coast games, I like to retire early and the time difference bites. I will post more next week! Go Twins!

Let's slide into first . . . base and place!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to share: my friend just got her photo taken with Nick Punto at Best Buy. I guess he was there to sign autographs. She was definitely pumped.

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

One of my friends sat in the section above the Twins dugout in the front row and Morneau threw his nephew a ball! How cool is that??