Friday, July 11, 2008

Twins Indians Series Notes

OK. I am over the Boston Red Sox fiasco and I want to take time to relive a better series, the Minnesota Twins Cleveland Indians series. Remember that series ? July 4th, 5th and 6th all ended with a big “W” for the Minnesota Twins. Here are my random Minnesota Twins facts that I want to share! I will share 4 facts in honor of the 4th of July series (Ok, that’s a stretch…I know)

///Nick Punto hit his 10th career homerun when he hit a three-run shot off John Lackey. Woohoo! That set the crowd off like fireworks in the dome.

///Carlos Gomez collected his 21st bunt hit of the season.

///Over 5,000 tickets were given to military personnel and their families on Saturday night for Armed Services Appreciation night and the Twins players each sported various military branches on their baseball caps. It was very cool. Hooah!

///Twins scored five runs in the sixth inning on Saturday and have outscored their opponents 68 to 41 in sixth innings this season – how is that for random?!?

No comments: