Thursday, May 29, 2008

Minnesota Twins sweep Kansas City

I wish the Minnesota Twins could play the Kansas City Royals every day! The Twins swept the Royals in Kansas City winning 4-3, 9-8 and 5-1 in the past three days. The Kansas City Royals have now lost 11 straight games. Ouch.


Last night, Craig Monroe hit a three run homer as part of a five run ninth inning for the Twins. He was so excited when he got back to the dugout. The Twins actually looked like they were having fun playing baseball. It was the second straight night somebody hit a three-run homer in the ninth at Kauffman Stadium – oh what a night! Justin Morneau got to be the hero hitting a homer to win the game. I wish I would have been at that game – it had all of the classic elements of a memorable MLB game for this Twins fan; great weather, come from behind, homeruns and my favorite player getting a home run to win the game.


Tonight, Kevin Slowey got another win and he is begging to be put on my favorite pitchers list. We’ll see Kevin – I will think about it.

No comments: