Thursday, May 01, 2008

Minnesota Twins Gossip

My boss has a friend that gets insider information from the Minnesota Twins organization and the last time he went to lunch with his buddy I asked him to try and get me some juicy Twins gossip for my Minnesota Twins blog. Well, here is what he got me…it’s not all that juicy, but the source is truly an insider and my guess is he is careful about what he says.

Number 1: Carlos Gomez has got to start hitting better, Gardy is not happy with Gomez speed alone. He told Gomez very sternly to step it up last week.

Number 2: Twins expected Francisco Liriano to suck. Sure the media said he was throwing well and he said he was feeling great, but Joe Vavra and Twins coaching team knew Liriano was going to have a terrible year and they are not sure if he will ever be a star MLB pitcher.

Number 3: Denard Span doesn’t know how to play baseball. Twins coaches are irked because he misses signs and screws up the basics of baseball.

Number 4: Delmon Young has a posse wherever he goes and it irritates Ron Gardenhire and several other star Minnesota Twins players. Young thinks he’s more or a rap star than an outfielder.

1 comment:

Wisconsin Music Man said...

It's hard to just tell a guy to hit better. He's got to get his vision back. I don't know much about baseball, but what I hear all the time is "I'm seeing the ball better." Go Twins!!