Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Twins Joe Nathan Contract

The Minnesota Twins inked closer Joe Nathan to a four-year, $47 million contract with a $12.5 million team option, $2 million buyout, for 2012. The Twins tore up this year’s $6 million contract and Joe Nathan will now earn $11.25 million each year of the contract beginning this season. Wow! That’s a lot of dough, but he is one of the best in the league. Nathan’s deal is less than Mariano Rivera's record-breaking three-year, $45 million deal, but more than many other closers in the MLB.

"I think it's a good fit," Joe Nathan said. "Dave Pepe, my agent, has always
said this organization is right for you ... it seems like you belong here."

Many critics say that this big contract just makes Nathan more “tradable” but this Minnesota Twins fan thinks the Twins made the deal to keep one of the best closers in the American League on the roster. I look forward to seeing Joe Nathan at the Metrodome this season! His new contract makes me want to buy Twins Tickets!

3 comments:

haider said...

I need to say your website is really helpful Furthermore love the theme, its amazing!. I dont have much the perfect time to read your entire post currently but I’ve got bookmarked it plus opted in for your RSS feeds. I’ll be last a day or two. many thanks a fantastic site.

learn technical analysis

vicky said...

I need to say your website is really helpful Furthermore love the theme, its amazing!. I dont have much the perfect time to read your entire post currently but I’ve got bookmarked it plus opted in for your RSS feeds. I’ll be last a day or two. many thanks a fantastic site.
seo services delhi

Praful Agarwal said...

It is a excellent blog and very attractive too. Nice work!
Career Mint