Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Twins Fest 2008

There has been so much in the news about the Minnesota Twins that I haven’t even written about Twins Fest yet! Did anyone think that the attendance numbers seemed a little low this year? I guess there was an official Twins Fest attendance number of 30,483 fans. It was the third-highest total in event history. Maybe it seemed like a smaller crowd because last year was so crowded and it was the first year that I ever went so I expected every year to be like that.


There were plenty of players, many of which I could never pick out of a line up…perhaps I am not a true fan or perhaps they need better cheat sheets when you enter. My favorite part about TwinsFest is seeing all the youngsters in their Twins garb with big teethy smiles. My least favorite part about TwinsFest was viewing the new Twins ballpark display and thinking how over budget we are and how I will refuse to go to a game when the weather is nothing less than ideal – I still say it’s not too late to add a retractable roof (-;

No comments: