Monday, September 25, 2006

I AM FAMOUS!!! I AM FAMOUS!!!

My husband, daughter and I went to the Twins game on 9/11 - mainly because my husband is a firefighter and the Twins had a great ticket deal for first responders and they did a ceremony prior to the game to honor fire/police/EMT. My husband was all dressed up in his fancy dress blues with his shiny badge and sure enough WE were on TV!!! The camera showed my husband, me and my daughter for about 10 seconds between periods. I don't think we were on the Metrodome jumbotron, but our cell phones went crazy with people calling us saying "hey I just saw you guys on TV."

My husband looked great and it was such an honor to be there to pay the respects to other fire fighters who had lost their lives on 9/11/01. The Twins even had local fire departments bring a few trucks down to the plaza before the game and Minneapolis had a giant flag stretched between two ladder trucks - it was amazing and virtually impossible not to feel patriotic. I think it was really cool that the Twins had the ceremony and took the time to honor those who serve. Thanks Twins for not forgetting!

No comments: