Monday, July 03, 2006

WOW! Another Twins SWEEP down in the record books! Do you call that a THREE-SWEEP - kinda like a threepeat?!?! I went to the game on Sunday and had a fabulous time - any Twins fan would. I saw a few Milwaukee Brewers jerseys, but not too many. The Brewers fans looked rather forlorn and I just gave them my best Minnesota Nice sympathy look - you know, the one that says I am so glad you guys suck worse than we do.

It was Military day at the dome and my fetching Minnesota National Guard husband got to hold the front corner of the 100' flag in the outfield during the national anthem so that was cool too. He also managed to hit up Shannon Stewart for a signed baseball. He knew I really wanted a Justin Morneau ball, but no such luck.

The Twins are in Kansas City for the next few days. Let's hope they don't spend too much time downtown boozing it up and maybe they can win a few games on the road. Kansas City is not too hot this year, but the Twins road curse is sure to rear it's ugly head in the near future. Go Twins and Happy Fourth of July!!!

No comments: