Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just when you were ready to give up on the Minnesota Twins

So yesterday's post was a little harsh, now I'm not taking back what I said... sometimes I think the Twins need a little tough love. Instead, I'm going to use positive reinforcement and commend my boys on the awesome turn-around they pulled out yesterday. After losing on Tuesday to the lowest-scoring team in the American League, the Twins fought back last night and beat the Kansas City Royals 7-1. In a game that restored the hopes and faith of the loyal Twins fan base.

A large contributor to last nights win was Francisco Liriano. The left-handed pitcher who hasn't been performing very well this season stepped out of the bull pen last night relaxed and ready to play. Liriano told a reporter, "I didn't try so hard, didn't try to make perfect pitches, that's the main thing. I tried not to overthrow." Whatever he was trying worked and I for one would like to see him try it again today. GO Twins!!

2 comments:

Hopeful Twins fan said...

Looks like today's game is off to a good start... maybe Tuesday was a fluke?!

hopeful twins fan said...

Thursday's game was a close one... the weekend and the start of this week were rough though :(