Thursday, July 23, 2009

Minnesota Twins vs. Oakland A's is a total let down


For the first time in a long time, I have to say that I am embarrassed to be a Twins fan. While most of the time I can find the good in the ugly but after this week's series with the Oakland A's I just do not have it in me to be positive.


The bottom of this downward spiral came on Wednesday when the Twins lost to the A's 16-1... seriously, SIXTEEN to ONE. While I am upset with our batting which could have been better, many teams struggle to hit well on the road. What gets me is that we gave up 16 runs. And although the difference was not nearly as big on Monday, we gave up 14 runs.


It leads me to wonder, What were the pitchers doing?Clearly not their jobs, that is for sure. We could not even shut out one of the worst offenses in the league. Before this series the A's were ranked last in the American League in extra-base hits, home runs and slugging percentage. They had scored the 3rd fewest runs in the league and had been totally shut out 7 times.


But in 28 innings against the Twins the team that couldn't against everyone else, did against us...32 times. So today, I have nothing encouraging to say other than, What were they thinking. If the Twins don't pull the pitching together soon we can kiss any chance of postseason play good-bye and Twins Tickets are about to get a lot more affordable because what will be the point of going?

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Seriously: how do you go from a 10 run lead to LOSING THE GAME?? WTF??