Friday, November 23, 2007

11/23 Torrii Hunter signs with the Angels

Minnesota Twins centerfielder Torii Hunter signed a five year deal with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. The Associated Press reported that the deal is worth $90 million.

"These guys shocked me," Hunter said of the Angels deal that came quickly together. I wanted to play with these guys. For me, they were one of the teams I was looking at, but I didn't know if they were looking at me. We shocked the world. Now I'm an Angel. I'm going to hopefully finish my career as a Halo, and hopefully get about three [World Series] rings out of this thing."


I have to admit I thought Hunter was destined for Chicago or Texas, not the sunny beaches of California. Hunter will be missed by Minnesota Twins fans. He was definitely one of the reasons to buy a Twins Ticket.

No comments: